Friday, January 30, 2009

Why a Family Blog?















When I was in Albuquerque this summer for Skip and Kay's anniversary party, I promised myself that I would do my part to help keep everyone in touch. At first, I thought I would just do a little booklet with pictures that I would mail to each family. I'm sure my sisters and brothers are already snickering at that, since I am notorious for not even mailing Christmas cards. I have a couple of boxes in a drawer right here that I bought at least five years ago. (Peggy, you'd better not snicker too much, because I know about all those cards you addressed and then found in a drawer a couple of years later!)

Then, when we lost Skip, doing something to draw us all closer together seemed more important than ever because, as Skip said once in one of his emails, "life is short; drink the good wine." Furthermore, Skip was always one to take plenty of pictures, thoroughly enjoy whatever good things were on the dinner table, keep up with what everyone was doing, and best of all, tell a good family story.

My purpose here is to post news, pictures, memories, recipes, and family stories about our family, the Gilloolys, and their various tribes-in-law. I hope all of you will enjoy this, and send me things to post. So, if you have any news, favorite family recipes, pictures, stories or memories you want to pass on, please email me and I will gladly post it for you for the whole family to see. I plan to let the family know if there is a new blog via email, so when I send you notice that there is a new blog, please send me any emails that you notice that I don't have and I'll add them to my group.

Oh, yes, and the name of the blog, Sláinte, is a traditional Irish toast meaning health or cheers. It is pronounced slan-shuh, I think. It's not a very original title, but since Irish is such an obscure language, I don't really have a feel for it yet. If I were to be plunked down in the middle of Italy, France, Spain, or Germany to read signs with no English translations, I could probably figure it out, but Irish is quite another matter.

I also wanted to let you know that I do not intend to publish any last names, addresses, email addresses, or telephone numbers on this blog. Since it is on the web, I don't want any weirdos out there finding any of our children.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy what you find here; and if you don't, send me something to post that will liven it up. I hope all of you are well. It's almost five o'clock here. Sláinte!

Auntie M.

1 comment:

  1. Táim 15 bliana d'aois. Fuair ​​mé bás le VEID, bhásaigh mo mháthair mar gheall ar an ionfhabhtú VEID Agus is oth liom nár bhuail mé leis an Dr Itua riamh go bhféadfadh sé mo mháthair a leigheas dom mar go raibh sí an-deacair do mo mháthair mar mháthair amháin. ar líne maidir le conas a leigheasann sé galair dhifriúla i rásaí difriúla galair cosúil le VEID / SEIF deir, Páirceáil, Asma, Uathachas, Cóipeáil, Titim, Tóirse Ainsealach, Fibromyalgia, Grá Spell, Ailse Próstatach, Ailse Scamhóige, Gliogán ., psoriasis, cirrhóis ae, cataracts, degeneration macular, galar Chrons, mononucleosis tógálach, galar cardashoithíoch, galar an scamhóg. Próstatach méadaithe, oistéapóróis.An ghalar galar, psoriasis, neamhord débhealach, néaltrú, galair Tach, ailse chíche, ailse fola , Ailse Colo-Rectal, Grá Spell, Buinneach Ainsealach, Ataxia, Airtríteas, Scoliosis Chliathánach Aitriamach, Fibromyalgia, Tocsaineacht FluoroquinoloneSyndrome Fibrodysplasia Ócáidí ProgresSclerosis, Cothabháil Lag, Méadrú Cíche, Méadar bodach, Hpv, Meas Dia, tetanus, triuch, eitinn, polaimiailíteas agus diftéire) Diaibéiteas Heipitíteas fiú Ailse Bhí mé chomh sceitimíneach ach scanraithe ag an am céanna toisc nach bhfuil mé ag teacht ar airteagal den sórt sin ar líne ansin rinne mé teagmháil leis an Dr Itua ar Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ . Labhraím leis chomh maith ar cad é an feidhmchlár +2348149277967 a insíonn sé dom conas a oibríonn sé ansin Deirim leis gur mhaith liom dul ar aghaidh D'íoc mé é chomh gasta sin le hoifig an phoist Colorado Faighim mo leigheas luibhe laistigh de 4/5 lá oibre. agus anseo mé ag maireachtáil go sláintiúil arís is féidir liom a shamhlú conas a úsáideann Dia fir chun a chuid saothar a léiriú. An bhfuilim ag scríobh i ngach alt ar líne chun saothar Dia an Dr Itua Herbal Medicine a scaipeadh.

    ReplyDelete